Procurement Manager/Buyer (m/f/x) - Italy
VGP is a leading pan-European developer, manager and owner of high-quality logistics and semi-industrial real estate. VGP operates a fully integrated business model with capabilities and longstanding expertise across the value chain. From layout to technological solutions, our service offerings include the development of "build-to-suit" solutions to meet our clients’ specific needs. We also provide supervision of the construction work until delivery of the turnkey-project buildings, long-term leasing, and facility management.
Founded in 1998 as a Belgian family-owned real estate developer in the Czech Republic, VGP with a staff of circa 370 FTE’s today is active in 17 European countries directly and through several 50:50 joint ventures. As of June 2023, the Gross Asset Value of VGP, including the joint ventures at 100%, amounted to € 6.76 billion and the company had a Net Asset Value (EPRA NTA) of € 2.2 billion. VGP is listed on Euronext Brussels (ISIN: BE0003878957). For more information, please visit: http://www.vgpparks.eu
Our rapidly expanding VGP Italian company is looking for a motivated an innovative Procurement Manager/Buyer to lead our procurement team. He /She will spearhead the purchasing process from selecting suppliers to ensuring stock optimization, as well as provide guidance on sourcing and procurement processes.
He/She will be responsible for strategizing and negotiating with suppliers and vendors in order to acquire the most cost-effective deals and to reduce procurement expenses.
The ideal candidate has to be specialized in implementing cost-effective purchases of all goods and services, as required by the company. Ensuring quality control and adhering to the company’s policies and procedures on supply chain management will be some of your main priorities when carrying out this role.
The candidate will be placed in the Italian office and will have to report to the Country Manager/Technical Director of the group.
For our Italian office in Segrate (Milan) we are currently looking for a:
- Developing procurement strategies that are inventive and cost-effective.
- Sourcing and engaging reliable suppliers and vendors.
- Negotiating with suppliers and vendors to secure advantageous terms.
- Reviewing existing contracts with suppliers and vendors to ensure on-going feasibility.
- Building and maintaining long-term relationships with vendors and suppliers.
- Approving purchase orders and organizing and confirming delivery of goods and services.
- Performing risk assessments on potential contracts and agreements.
- Controlling the procurement budget and promoting a culture of long-term saving on procurement costs.
- Preparing procurement reports.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
- At least 5 years of experience in Procurement/buyer Management, ideally within an international company in logistic and semi-industrial field.
- BSc/BA in civil engineering, building science or relevant field.
- Proven experience managing procurement process for construction of industrial and/or civil building.
- Proven working experience as a Buyer, Procurement Manager, Procurement Officer or Head of Procurement.
- Talent in negotiations and networking.
- In-depth knowledge of preparing and reviewing contracts, invoicing, and negotiation terms.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, and Access).
- Management and leadership skills.
- Multi-tasking and time-management skills, with the ability to prioritize tasks.
- Highly organized and detail-oriented.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- English fluent
General Conditions and Remuneration
- Location: office based in Segrate (Milan)
- Term of Contract: permanent
- Contractual Framework: to be agreed
- NCLA: CCNL terziario della distribuzione e servizi
- Remuneration: Salary to be agreed
To apply send your resume only in English to: email@example.com
By sending your CV and any other personal information to the above e-mail address, you explicitly consent to the respective VGP entity processing those of your personal data, which you will provide, and to use such personal data for the purpose of evaluating your job application, as well as for the purpose of archiving such personal data for a period of three years from the date of receipt of the information. For further information, please see our Personal Data Protection Policy.