Solar Project Manager Europe - Antwerp
VGP is a leading pan-European developer, manager and owner of high-quality logistics and semi-industrial real estate. VGP operates a fully integrated business model with capabilities and longstanding expertise across the value chain. From layout to technological solutions, our service offerings include the development of "build-to-suit" solutions to meet our clients’ specific needs. We also provide supervision of the construction work until delivery of the turnkey-project buildings, long-term leasing and facility management.
Founded in 1998 as a family-owned real estate developer in the Czech Republic, VGP with a staff of over 200 employees today owns and operates assets in 12 European countries directly and through VGP European Logistics, a joint venture with Allianz Real Estate. We are continuously working to optimise our buildings in accordance with the demands of the market and the latest technical developments. That means energy efficiency and sustainability are among our top priorities. VGP is listed on Euronext Brussels and on the Prague Stock Exchange.
Currently one of our successes lies in realizing onsite renewable energy facilities which include solar, wind and geothermal energy projects across Europe.
To help improve and support us on our mission, we are looking for a:
Solar Project Manager Europe (m/f)
In this role you are responsible for the following tasks:
- Manage the day to day aspects of all solar projects;
- Coordinate with development and engineering to develop the preliminary budget;
- Work together with the onsite team to investigate and assess the feasibility of a specific solar project;
- Manage all contract negotiations, orders and other agreements with subcontractors and vendors;
- Help reducing costs and risks but focus on maximizing the margins;
- Communicate with utilities and authority regarding interconnection, permitting, inspections, and other regulatory compliance issues.
- Identify and anticipate on problems by proactively taking measures to avoid any potential project risk.
- Master's degree in Engineering preferably with specific focus on the Renewable Energy Industry.
- 10 years working experience in solar project management.
- Ability to plan, develop, and coordinate multiple projects simultaneously.
- In depth knowledge in solar permitting, and other PV system regulatory codes.
- Strong leadership skills to guide project teams on various site locations.
- Excellent organizational and decision making/problem solving skills.
- Excellent presentation and ability to communicate.
- Fluent in English is a must, other languages are considered a plus.
- Flexibility to travel to project sites in Europe whenever necessary.
What we offer:
- A competitive & attractive package with all benefits included.
- A challenging position within an international working environment.
- Opportunity to travel in Europe - HQ in Antwerp.
- Potential to grow within the company and creating your own division from scratch.
Location: Uitbreidingstraat 72, 2600 Berchem (Antwerp), Belgium
Should you find yourself in our job description we are looking forward to receive your application letter. Please send your complete application, including your preferred starting date and your envisioned compensation via e-mail to: email@example.com
By sending your CV and any other personal information to the above e-mail address, you explicitly consent to the respective VGP entity processing those of your personal data, which you will provide, and to use such personal data for the purpose of evaluating your job application, as well as for the purpose of archiving such personal data for a period of three years from the date of receipt of the information. For further information, please see our Personal Data Protection Policy.