Senior Accounting Manager (m/f/x) - Porto
VGP is a pan-European developer, manager and owner of high-quality logistics and semi-industrial real estate. We operate a fully integrated business model with capabilities and long-standing expertise across the value chain, from land acquisition to development and asset and property management. With origins as a construction company, today our strategic focus is on the development of large multi-tenant business parks. We are a family-owned business operating in 12 European countries.
To support our expansion in Portugal, we are looking for a:
Senior Accounting Manager (m/f/x)
- Taking lead in full financial administration of several Portugal based companies
- Reviewing the accuracy of the accounting books and financial statements
- Responsible for accurate and timely submissions of monthly-basis financial reports to the group and treasury control reports
- Responsible for Companies' Annual Accounts and Audit Report
- Responsible for all the mandatory requirements of the company
- Responsible of analytical accounting: working with coding trees and budgeting items
- Being able to accurately prepare and submit monthly VAT declarations and yearly Corporate Income Tax declaration
- Ensures all local taxes are being duly dealt.
- Coordination of external providers (e.g., auditors, lawyers, banks)
- Coordination with HR and with the payroll service provider regarding payroll and other related topics
- Creation and development of internal financial controls, evaluating their robustness, reasonableness and implementationThe commercial manager will report to the Country Manager and to the CCO.
- Degree in Business Administration, Economy, ideally with a focus on Finance or Economics
- 6-8 years of professional experience in Finance of which, at least, 3-4 years of professional experience in the field of auditing at an accounting firm (Big Four)
- Experience in Renewables will be valuable, and knowledge of taxation is relevant
- Strong analytical skills and with a precise working method
- Both team player and taking up own responsibility
- Very good knowledge of MS Office, especially Excel. PowerPoint and Navision are a plus
- Fluent in Portuguese and English.
- Respect of deadlines
What we offer:
- A challenging position within an international working environment
- A competitive & attractive package with several benefits (phone, computer, health insurance and food support fee)
- Performance bonus
- Opportunity to grow within the company
Should you find yourself in our job description we are looking forward to receive your application letter. Please send your complete application via e-mail to: email@example.com
By sending your CV and any other personal information to the above e-mail address, you explicitly consent to the respective VGP entity processing those of your personal data, which you will provide, and to use such personal data for the purpose of evaluating your job application, as well as for the purpose of archiving such personal data for a period of three years from the date of receipt of the information. For further information, please see our Personal Data Protection Policy.