MEP and FF Project Manager (m/f/x) - Segrate (Milan)
VGP is a leading pan-European developer, manager and owner of high-quality logistics and semi-industrial real estate. VGP operates a fully integrated business model with capabilities and longstanding expertise across the value chain. From layout to technological solutions, our service offerings include the development of "build-to-suit" solutions to meet our clients’ specific needs. We also provide supervision of the construction work until delivery of the turnkey-project buildings, long-term leasing, and facility management.
Founded in 1998 as a family-owned real estate developer in the Czech Republic, VGP with a staff of over 230 employees today owns and operates assets in 12 European countries directly and through three joint ventures with Allianz Real Estate (VGP European Logistics, VGP European Logistics 2 and VGP Park München). We are continuously working to optimize our buildings in accordance with the demands of the market and the latest technical developments. That means energy efficiency and sustainability are among our top priorities. VGP is listed on Euronext Brussels and on the Prague Stock Exchange. (ISIN: BE0003878957). For more information, please visit: http://www.vgpparks.eu
Our rapidly expanding VGP Italian company is looking for a motivated and experienced MEP and FF Project Manager to oversee day-to-day operations and win new business. The candidate will be placed in the Italian offices and will have to report to the Country Manager of the group. The ideal candidate should organize and oversee design & construction procedures and ensure they are in a timely and efficient manner. He/ She must be well-versed in all design & construction methodologies and procedures and be able to coordinate a team of professionals of different disciplines to achieve the best results. The candidate should have experience in logistics and industrial field, developing projects from design, tender phase to the final work completion.
For our Italian team we are currently looking for a:
MEP and FF Project Manager (m/f/x)
Responsibilities and duties:
- Manage the MEP & FF Design preparation for the building permit with the Authorities and VGP consultants;
- Manage the construction of MEP & FF activities;
- Manage and keep under control the technical-administrative practices to ensure the compliance of the MEP & FF systems according to Italian regulations;
- BOQ of Systems and verifying technical specifications;
- Manage technical quotation according to the VGP specifications;
- Review and approval of the development project schedule for what concern engineering, procurement, and construction sections;
- Review of overall progress report, budget and field construction activities to achievement of company KPI;
- Preparation and attendance to negotiation meetings with suppliers;
- Coordination and preparation to weekly site meetings with subcontractors, suppliers and consultants;
- Management of contractors in terms of cost, schedule and quality;
- Understand the requirements of existing customers to ensure their needs are being met;
- Maintain sustainable and productive relationships with existing clients/tenants;
- Assess risks involved with new initiatives, ensure deadlines are met and be ready to handle unexpected situations;
Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
- At least 5 years of experience in MEP & FF design & construction;
- BSc/BA in engineering, building science or relevant field;
- Significant management or leadership experience in a construction management;
- Strong knowledge and experience in mechanical, electrical and plumbing disciplines;
- Strong knowledge of Fire Protection systems both at technical and administrative level;
- The ability to read, understand and interpret technical drawings and specifications;
- The ability to plan and develop and monitor project schedules;
- The ability to develop the Bill of quantities and knowledge in unit prices;
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, organizational skills;
- Ability to working an international environment;
- Ability to work independently and drive projects autonomously;
- Fluent written and spoken knowledge English;
- Good knowledge of MS Office;
- Willingness to travel within Italy;
- Personal commitment to VGP core values of Respect, Trust and Communication.
General Conditions and remuneration:
- Location: office based in Segrate
- Term of Contract: permanent
- Contractual Framework: to be agreed
- NCLA: CCNL terziario della distribuzione e servizi.
- Remuneration: Salary to be agreed
Should you find yourself in our job description we are looking forward to receive your application letter. Please send your complete application, including your preferred starting date and your envisioned compensation via e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
By sending your CV and any other personal information to the above e-mail address, you explicitly consent to the respective VGP entity processing those of your personal data, which you will provide, and to use such personal data for the purpose of evaluating your job application, as well as for the purpose of archiving such personal data for a period of three years from the date of receipt of the information. For further information, please see our Personal Data Protection Policy.